Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Adore these Kids!!

I have so many things to say about this session. I am running on very little sleep and I am afraid I am going to get long winded and sappy :) So I am going to try my best to keep it short and sweet.

When my girls started school...wow, 8 years ago....I never in a million years would of thought I would also gain some amazing women as friends. The mom of these two beautiful kids is one of those people. I have what I call my Hanna Woods BFF's (Beth, Becky, Kitty...and Marci...even though she is a South Middle mom). These ladies bring so much to my lives...and I am blessed by their friendships.

Beth...gosh there are sooo many things I love about Beth. She is like my soul sister in a sense, we have so much in common. She is one of those girls I just clicked with immediately and knew that I loved. She is funny...I mean FUNNY and I love to laugh. She is a HUGE supporter of my Photography which isn't something I get from all of my friends. I know my friends old and new, respect what I do...but they don't always tell me that. And in this business hearing it is really important because there are 2 gazillion other Photographers who are just as awesome. Beth always has a kind word and encouragement...and it isn't like she is blowing sunshine up my "you know what". She is completely real and has amazing taste...so when she tells me how much she loves my work...it is like getting an A+++ on an assignment you worked your butt off on (little Teacher humor in there...Beth is a Teacher).

Ok, on with the beautiful children in these photos. Heidi is in the same grade as my Emily and they are friends (sooo thankful for that!). Heidi is just such an amazing girl, she is like an old soul to me...wiser than her years and so incredibly kind. Will is so stinkin' cute....he was sooo easy to work with and that is saying a lot for a 7 year old boy. I walked away from this shoot thinking to myself "those were two of the easiest kids I have ever "shot" "

I told you I would be long winded....that always happens when I am blogging people I care about.
Ok, I will shut my yap and let you take in these kiddos.....because between their beautiful eyes...and HOLY smokes eyelashes...the color, the umbrellas....even the rainy day...it was all perfect!




It rained up until about 10 minutes before we got out of the car. I am not going to lie, I was freaking out a bit. I knew how badly I wanted this to turn out perfect...but it did. We incorporated umbrellas when needed...found the best "natural reflectors" and the kids rocked it!



Yeah, all Beth's idea....I LOVE it!




Beth,
Thank you for your friendship, for you words of
encouragement with my "business", for pinning cool inspirational
pictures on Pinterest for me, for making me laugh
when I want to pull my hair out :) Most of all for trusting me
to capture these images of your babies :)
I hope you love them as much as I do!
xoxox!
Lisa

6 comments:

Patty said...

Wow!!!

missouri_mommy said...

These are great, Lisa! Great job! I love looking at your work. So much talent!

missouri_mommy said...

How funny - my comment used my ebay name- It's me above - Holly :)

Anonymous said...

Holly & Patty,
Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting :)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the colors, they are popping off the page. And the kids have some of the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Great job!
Mary

Kelly said...

Once again you have outdone yourself!!!! Girl, you amaze me. Your talent is absolutely incredible. I think i now have a new favorite shoot of yours :)