Sunday, December 18, 2011

Santa, Cakeballs and Some Improv

Today was a wonderful day, I even got to take a nap. LOVE this time of year. I was honestly on the fence about if I was going to bring my camera today for all our fun festive things we had planned. Ever since I finished my last session of the year...I haven't even wanted to look at it. This Fall has caused major burn out for me. There are times I walk pass my camera and I think about kicking it....for real. But what I have discovered as I sift through some of my personal images of the year. I photographed my own family barely a dozen times this year. And that is really sad, quite pathetic honestly. I feel privileged to do what I do, and I think I do it well...most of the time. And to not capture magical moments of my own kids because I am too tired and just plain don't want to pick up my camera "again". It really makes me so very sad. So I packed her up and we headed out and I captured every little moment big and small of the day. I am so glad I did, I love photography..like LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It gives me the ability to take a most perfect day like today and freeze it forever.

So here we are...the Sexton/Scherer cousins going to visit Santa. This is Clara's first Christmas and we weren't sure how she would do sitting on the big guys lap, but no tears. I don't think she was thrilled, but she didn't cry either. :)



This is all I got of the group....good thing there was a "professional" there. wink wink :)


Then we decided we would get one of just Clara and Santa...but Emily had one more thing to ask for. Look at Santa's face...awesome!




Bass Pro is the best, if you can handle the crowds...because it gets crazy crowded. They have so much for the kids to do...the girls couldn't wait for their turn with the remote control cars.





I wanna be a cowboy...so you can be my cowgirl. What song is that from? Yippee Yippee Yooo...Yippee Yoo Yoo Yoo. Hmmm....



Then we headed off to my brother's house for some yummy lunch (thanks for the awesome vegetable soup Jess) and cakeballs making....


Our first shot at making cakeballs...it was fun,  but a bit messy.











While we were making cakeballs, the boys were watching football and doing a little napping....



I love this girl....that's it...just had to say that.



One thing that the girls love to do is put on performances for us. Abby is in Drama at middle school and she had the idea that the girls did some Improv's....they were cute and quite funny.





I love my family and I love having extra time to spend with them.
This time of year is so good for my soul, my creativity and it will
get my love affair with my camera back into full swing by Spring. :)
Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the documented day... It was lots of fun... and always nice to have you back with the family for some family time!! ;) xoxo love ya!!

<3,
your sister from another mister!! ;)