Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's all about the LIGHT.......

Soooo....I was in Branson a month or so ago for a very quick little family vacation. While I was there, I did some multi-tasking and I took my niece's 6 month pictures (see the post below). I had absolutely no plans to do anything else besides Clara's 6 months shoot. But I will tell you every time I walked past this hallway corridor at the Hotel, I had to stop and take in this beautiful light. I had 3 adorable girls who were dying to ride themselves a luggage rack...so this mini shoot was born.

The purpose of posting this is so many people out there get so wrapped up in location. They want park like settings (I am personally a fan of urban) and I understand the need or desire for green grass or flowery back grounds. But at the end of the day the people are who make the pictures, not the green grass. What is even more important is light, I can shoot anywhere...just give me beautiful light. The light at certain times of the day makes such a huge impact on the quality and look of your images. A mid day shoot in shade will work, but nothing compares to the "golden hour" of light. These images were taken about 6:30 at a Hotel corridor and they are some of my favorite images...the individuals of the girls are simply gorgeous and you are drawn to the subject, not the fact that they are leaning against a grey stone wall of a hotel.

So my soap box for the day is to "think outside of the box"...be daring with your locations, trust your photographer when they suggest something different. And most of all....get out there and capture some images at that golden hour and you won't be disappointed. :)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just looked at your blog... Hadn't seen these... They turned out cute!!! :)

Jess