Monday, October 25, 2010

Lucky Number 13

Today is my 13th Anniversary. I am struggling to put into words what Jamey means to me and how incredibly blessed I am to call him my husband. He is upstairs making me and the girls dinner like he does every night.

Here we are back in July when we had our family photos taken by the amazing Clary Pfeiffer.

And a little throw back. Here we are over 13 years ago. This is our "engagement photo" that was taken at Jamey's Dad's 2nd wedding. We were a heck of a lot younger...Jamey less grey...me MUCH skinnier...oh how I miss those days...Julia Roberts circa Pretty Woman dress and all :)

I thought I would put together a top 13 (for the years we have been married) of the things Jamey does that makes him spectacular.
#13 - He cooks every meal (I know I mentioned this above) but I HATE cooking...like with all my being. I love to eat...but hate to cook. I was just trying to help him upstairs and he said..go, go relax. He knows I hate...I really don't think he likes it much either...but he does it for me.
#12 - He is amazing at Math and because of this he helps the girls with all their homework...even the non-math stuff.
#11 - He gets our youngest two bathed and ready for bed every night. Again it goes along with the simple things that make my life easier.
#10 - He has gorgeous lips...just had to say that.
#9 - Oh and while I am at it...adorable dimples and amazing soulful brown eyes.
#8 - He tells me that I am beautiful...even though I look like crap most the time he says it.
#7 - He never makes me feel fat. I have gained...geez...let's just say A LOT of weight since the day we met 16 years ago. And he treats me the same as he did when I was a hot little size 6.
#6 - He is a man of few words but when he says them...listen up because they will be profound.
#5 - He has 3 little girls and never ever once seemed disappointed or felt robbed of a boy...and this says a LOT for the big sports nut he is.
#4 - He let's me have me time, a lot of times he is last on my list and he never makes me feel guilty for going out with my girlfriends when most of the time I have spent zero time with him.
#3 - He is so tech savvy...which I am not. So even though he preaches "read your manual" in the end he will just teach me what I need to know.
#2 - He never says a bad thing about anyone...ever. He is one of the most non-judgemental people I know. And I am a complete gossip hound....so I sometimes stop myself and think of how amazing it is that he has no enemies not a one. He is definitely a lover not a fighter.
#1 - He supports my dreams. I have spent a lot...I mean A LOT of time away from my family this year...more than I am comfortable with. I work a full time job and have this extremely busy rewarding photography business. Jamey is Mr. Mom about 90% of the time and he never complains. He knows that in the long run I am hoping to have a full time successful photography business and these are just the growing pains we are going through to get there. I would never ever be where I am without him.
I love you more than words can express Mr. Scherer ;)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

OK, that just made me tear-up, and now I'm all emotional. I love your passion for everything, especially for your family. You're an awesome soul inside and out, and I'm a better person for knowing you Girlie :) Happy Anniversary, and thanks for the 13 huge smiles that you just gave me!

Lisa said...

Awww...Kel...thanks for reading it. I hoped there was someone who actual read it :)

Jamey said...

I read it, of course. Thank you sooo much for the kind words. I love you so much and am truly lucky to have you as my wife. I never thought I would meet such a wonderful person, who would go out of her way to help anyone. You always put everyone else before yourself and not many people do. You are the kindest most caring person I have ever known besides your mom (must be where you get it from). Plus on top of all of that you are beautiful in every way and my best friend, mother of our children and best of all my wife. Thank you again for the sweet letter and I will always love you.

P.S. keep up the good work, you are such a talented photographer.

Jamey