Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Abby and Jax BFF Shoot

I am sitting here trying to come up with the right words to describe how much I love the 3 ladies in the picture below. Without being too wordy, I am going to start from the beginning. Mary (mom on the left) and I met in the 3rd grade....without giving away how "young" I am, it was about 30 years ago. We have been friends ever since...a few years of going to different middle schools but pretty much 30 straight years of friendship. I have 3 girlfriends in my life that I have been friends with for 30 years and it is one of my biggest blessings.

Anyway, fast forward 14 years. I became a mom for the first time, I honestly don't know who was more excited....me or Mary :) She was such a huge support to me and she was already a mom and I can't tell you how many times I called her with stupid questions and she put my mind at ease. I asked Mary to be Abby's Godmother and she was thrilled. Fast forward another 1 year and 3 days exactly and beautiful Jacquelyn was born. I was there for her birth and it is one of the most amazing days of my life. Jacquelyn is my Goddaughter.....so your looking at a picture of mothers with their daughters but also Godmothers with their Goddaughters. Pretty cool huh!!

Mary and I hoped that our girls would be close, they were exactly one year and 3 days apart in age. Their little friendship blossomed right from the beginning, I remember how much Abby loved Baby Jax :) But kids have their own personalities and only time would tell if these two would really be close.

They are the BEST of friends....or so they say "sister from another mister". They don't get to see each other as often as they would like and they don't go to the same school. But they pick up right where they left off when they see each other. They provide each other with constant support and their friendship is a beautiful thing. I have no doubt they will always be close. So in another 30 years they will have their moms beat...as they will be able to say "we have been friends since birth" and I don't think there are many people out there that will have a friendship like theirs.


For their 13th and 14th birthday this year we decided to do something extra special. And a big part of that was a BFF Photo Shoot. I can't even tell you how excited I was for this, I don't get to "shoot for myself" very often and when I do, it brings me such joy!! My fantastic sister in law Jess came and did the girls hair. I did some light make up (besides Abby's bright lipstick....which will teach me to try a color out first.lol!) Even the bright lipstick looked awesome. These girls looked beautiful and more than anything I saw two extremely confident girls who felt good about themselves, which is not something that happens everyday with teen girls.

Before we get to the photo shoot I wanted to take a little trip down memory lane, starting with a picture of me and my favorite August babies :)



It is so neat for me to look at these and see how much they loved each other even at a very young age.




And onto the big photo shoot, I had to start with pictures of us mommas with our girls :)


Yea, my girl at the age of 14 has passed me in height by about 2 and 1/2 inches.



The waitress at the restaurant we had dinner at asked the girls if they were sisters, even though they look different I see the similarity.


















I can not wait to see what amazing ladies these two will become. I can tell you
their personalities are very different but they bring out the best in each other.
I love you Abby and Jax!
We got to do this again....what do you think for the sweet 16th/17th  birthday :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, I'm speechless! That was positively amazing, and sweet, and heartfelt, and such a wonderful tribute to enduring friendships. My favorite post of yours - of all times!!! Great job my friend :)