Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Ellie!

Ellie is turning one...and I was so excited to meet her and her mommy & daddy for a morning session. She is so adorable and dainty...she reminds me of my oldest daughter Abby at that age. Makes me smile :)

I usually start the little ones sitting with their parents so that they have time to warm up to me...but Ellie didn't need any warming up time...she isn't shy at all :)

But here she is all snuggled between mommy and daddy.

And gettin some sugar........aka..kisses.

Ellie has so much energy (oh what I wouldn't do for that energy)....she isn't walking yet..but I think it will be any day now. Here she is thinking about taking some steps.


I LOVE this image so much (my favorite of the day) and I can't decide if I like it better in color or black and white...so you get to see it both ways.



I just love her tu-tu and matching headband.


Getting lots of practice for this "walking thing". Like I have said before...once they start walking, life as you know it is never the same ;)

And hangin' with her beautiful momma....

And having some fun with her Daddy....I love these next two.


And it was cake time....I absolutely LOVE cake time. Parents probably thinking I am cuckoo...because I laugh my butt off. But it is just such a cute time...and honestly the "first" birthday is the only time people crowd around to watch you eat cake....it last only ONE year...makes me kind of sad. But that is the wonderful thing about capturing it all with photos.

Here is a little "birds eye view". Ellie wasn't too sure about her cake..but after a little help from her Daddy to get her started...she dug right in.....literally. What I loved about watching her is she really wanted to pick up the cake with her hands. Smart girl, she knows the best way to get a good bite is to pick it up :)

Yummmmmyyyyy!

Happy Birthday Ellie! I hope you enjoy your party and your second cake. May your second year be as fantastic as your first.
Liz, thanks so much for asking me to capture these sweet fleeting moments. I hope looking back on these in the years to come bring you guys many smiles.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Another BEAUTIFULLY captured 1st Birthday!!! They must be madly in love with these, Lisa :)