Sunday, September 25, 2011

MINE

Once a year I go through the same pains as my clients....the pain of getting your family pictures taken ;) Oh, I LOVE pictures....love capturing that moment in time forever. But I hate bickering with my kids, watching my husband roll his eyes when I pick out what he is going to wear. Stressing months in advance about what we are going to wear. So I feel all your pain....I go through the same thing when it is my turn.

One of the MANY wonderful things about being a Photographer is the amazing relationships I have established with some of the very best "Photogs" in the Lou :) Seriously, this City of ours is bursting with some unbelievable talent. I have had our picture taken by someone different every year....I have used my girl Sherry Rosenberger quite a few times....one of my all time favorites Clary Pfeiffer last year. But for this year it was only seemed natural to use my girl Kelly Ferguson. Kelly is my dear dear friend and wedding partner extraordinaire. We decided this year we would photograph each others families, hand over the memory cards at the end of the shoots and edit our own stuff. I LOVED this....I had the control to chose which photos I want and edit them the way "I" wanted. I am also lucky to have Kelly handing over 15 or so images that she is going to edit (which I know will be fantastic).

This shoot is my FAVORITE ever....it could be the wonderful ages my girls are at (they listen and follow instructions)....it could be that the pain-staking hours I spent picking out outfits paid off. I loved our locations, I loved that we had lots of time and my girls were so comfortable because they were working with someone they know. Whatever it was, it was magic....Kelly produced pure and utter MAGIC. I could not be happier....and I thank her from the bottom of my heart for capturing my family exactly as I had envisioned.

So enough jabber......here we are. A little glimpse at the lights of my life :)









This shot below is in a big beautiful canvas at the top of my stairs and I smile  HUGE every time I walk past it :)









Kel,
Thank you so much for capturing us at this time of my life where
I am so in love with my kids. I love them every year, but for some
reason this year is so special to me. They are still so sweet and innocent but
yet they are grow up enough to work out what we were wanting them
to do in front of the camera :) I will treasure these always my friend.
LOVE you!!
Lisa

4 comments:

Kelly said...

God, they look sooooo great!!! You have such a beautiful family Girlie, and how lucky was I to be blessed with the honor of capturing you all this year. What a fun time we had, and what an amazing blog you wrote. I feel the same. I'm so blessed to have you as a business partner, friend, and someone who brings laughter and happiness to my life :)

ksneffphotography said...

AWESOME(I am singing this word)!!!!

cblackstone said...

What amazing locations! Love the blanket, the bridge, the blue door. Beautiful family:)

cblackstone said...

and thanks for always commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. Muuuuah!