Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Family that I Choose

Isn't there a saying that goes something like....your girlfriends are the sisters you choose. That couldn't be more true for me with my friend Mary...or "momma" as I like to call her. Yep, we have nicknames for each other and it is momma....don't know how long ago it started or how it started....and we say it in public not even thinking that people are probably like...did that lady just call that other lady momma?? Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Wow, what can I say about Mary and her beautiful children. Mary has been in my life since the 3rd grade...I was counting on my fingers earlier and that is like over 25 years. We have some years of disconnect...but the majority of the time we have been very important figures in each other lives. She is one of the strongest women I know....she is insanely loyal to the ones she loves (and I am blessed to say I am one of them) smart, beautiful (duh! look at the picture below and it is obvious), funny as heck....too many times we have laughed so hard we have cried. She is an "Aunt" to my girls....a Godmother to my oldest daughter Abby. I could go on and on about her, she knows how much my family loves her and how important she is to me. My "soul sister"...that is what she is.

Can you believe since I have been on this "photography" journey I have never had Mary and her kiddos in front of my camera....tisk tisk tisk. Well, I did do a mini session of Mary...but not like this. I was so excited to do this for her, to give her this gift of her and her kids together. Her son Matthew is a Senior in HS and about the "fly the coupe"....so things as they know it will never be the same. These pictures mean a lot to me and will be proudly displayed in my home as well as in Mary's.

Ok....enough yackin'.....onto the beautiful people I love so much.....


My "momma" ha ha....had to say it. Mary you are the freakin' shiz girl!


And the 3 of them....we literally ran across the street to a park by my house and grabbed these one day during the week...it was perfect, perfect light...perfect people :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE....that is all I am gonna say about this one.



Matthew loves his little sister so much...oh yea, they fight...but he is so protective of her...it is so sweet. And Jacquelyn she worships her big brother. Mary, you have some fantastic kids (and so good looking too).


Miss Jacquelyn....this is my God daughter. She is a spit fire, funny as can be....when I talk to her I feel like I am having a conversation with a 30 year old. She has the most beautiful eyes...loves horses (well all animals)...is best friends with my Abby. They are either going to open a veterinarian clinic together or a horse ranch....we shall see.
Jax your are fierce girlfriend!



Matthew....geez, this is another person I can go on and on about. He is our pseudo son. I have watched him grow into this incredible young man...and I am as proud of him as I would be one of my own children. He recently joined the National Guard...because he is just that kind of guy. He is bound for amazing....AMAZING things and I can't wait to see what he does in the future...I known it will be great.







Sorry for the long post...but there was no way I couldn't blabber on about my peeps.
Love you guys! And Mary thanks for being one of my biggest cheerleaders....every time you tell me how talented I am (of course your biased) but seriously every time you tell me....it makes my heart sing :)
Peace!

No comments: