Saturday, September 12, 2009

BIG THANKS!!

The beautiful baby boy below belongs to my friend Cathy. I wanted to take pics of her little guy to thank her. Quick explanation....when I started my photog biz over a year ago...I sent out an email to all my friends and family telling them what I was doing and asking for their support. Cathy has been sooooo instrumental with doing just that. I would say 80% of my clients come to me because of Cathy's help. She is doing something so simple as posting my website on her works electronic bulletin board. Something that she probably thinks is very simple....but has meant the world to me. So thank you Cathy...I hope these pics of your beautiful boy will be treasured by you and Tony for years to come. They are just a small token of my gratitude.

Let's get to the good stuff :) Look at this baby!!! Those eyes are breath-taking. You should of heard me while I was editing his pictures...my hubby thought I was crazy....I kept saying....OMG! OMG! They just blew me away....beautiful baby + beautiful lighting = very happy photographer.

Cathy said he just started doing this lip smackin thing...it was the cutest...it was like he was chewing gum...here he is doing it a little.
He gave me big smiles right from the get go....had mom and dad over my shoulder for some of these...which made his smiles even bigger.

He also does this thing when he gets tired...he rubs his ear and kind of rubs on his cheek. Gosh, he is just too precious for words!

Then outside and into the infamous basket. He did great, poor guy was squinting a little though. We were in the shade but the sun was still bright.

Then we tried some balls......



Then I had to check out his bedroom....adorable!! Just like I thought it would be. This last one is my favorite....I don't know...I just love everything about it...he is all snuggled into mommies arms.

Photographer tip 101: Anytime your inside...turn off your flash...open up the curtains and blinds and get close to some natural light. Natural light is gosh a million times better than artificial (hence why I will never step foot into a photo studio again...if I can help it). All of these pictures besides the 2 in the basket were taken inside using natural light. Ok, that's your lesson for the day :)
Cathy & Tony...you have a beautiful family! I hope you love your pictures as much as I do!

No comments: