Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!!

This year I am trying very hard to balance my life, to make sure I spend as much time with my family as I do in my full time job and basically full time photography business. Honestly most of the time I fail horribly at it, I have this "super woman" complex were I think I can go 100 miles an hour and that I will never burn out. I will burn out, and I am making it a priority to slow down and savor some moments. Savor the amazing ages my girls are at now...how they WANT to spend the 4th hanging with their mom and dad.

We have had this annual 4th of July party (it actually takes place every year on the 3rd) for 10 years now and we have some guest that come every year and wouldn't dream of missing it, and some years we have some new friends come and it is always fun to mix it up. We always have the most amazing time, stay up way too late and laugh our heads off. It is our one big "party" of the year. We might not have the biggest house or the best back yard, but we do have the best fireworks display in St. Louis County that is within a block walking distance and it is always a blast.

This year the fireworks got rained out (waaaaaaa) that is the sound of crying :) But we still had an awesome night and we had our own little display in the front yard.

What I am the most proud of is I completely "unplugged" this weekend. I didn't responded with in moments to clients emails (which is usually the norm for me)....I didn't even pick up my fancy schmancy camera. I didn't want to be tired down to it honestly. I wanted to eat, drink and talk with some of my favorite people in the whole world. I of course had to take pictures, I can't let monumental nights pass by without capturing some photos. But I did it with my point and shoot that easily fit into my pocket and left my hands free to hold a sparkler or two :)

Here are the super adorable kiddos who were in attendance this year...love them!!


And some sparkler fun!!


Love that our puppy made it into this one :) I LOVE her!! And I love it that these kiddos love each other enough to all squish onto my couch together. haha!



I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July! And took some time to truly enjoy were your life is at this exact moment. Happy 4th!!!

No comments: