Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just a Half an Hour at the Park

I was excited when I heard from a group of moms this spring asking if there was any way I would take "just a few" pictures of their kids so that they didn't have to suffer through the "horrible" school pictures (their words not mine!) :)

And so "30 Minutes at the Park" was born. For a lower rate than my regular family sessions, I will be offering a complete "lifestyle session" at a location of my choice. I want to capture these cuties just being themselves and not stuck in front of some generic, boring school picture background.

I got to test out this new fun little session with a little guy who has the world's BEST expressions. He is a classmate of my Emily's and there is a spark and a light in his eyes that is so sweet and charming. He had me on my toes, but I am so glad we did this. I of course grabbed a couple "posed" photos....but even as I was shooting those I was acting like a total goof, so I got the most natural smiles and laughs.

His momma was head over heels in love with these photos. She said no more school pictures ever again. That made my day :)






This picture was all his idea....and I must say my absolute favorite of the day! When I showed this to him on the back of my camera he was so excited and said "Wow! I really can jump high" :)





This was so much fun! I can't wait until the next 30 Minutes at the Park session, hopefully next week if the darn weather doesn't turn cold.

If you are interested in a fun alternative to "boring old school photos" drop me an email and I'll give you the details!

No comments: