Monday, June 15, 2009

Darla & Susie

I got a message from Angela asking if I ever photograph animals. I have had the occasional family bring their dog along but I have never had a session focused around just a pet. At first I was nervous, trying to come up with all the different ways I could photograph a cat...but then I got excited because it was something new and something that would get me to "think outside the box" which in my opinion only helps me to become a better artist. So I was on my way to meet Darla and Susie...two of the cutest darn kitties I have ever seen. And I am in LOVE with the pictures...see...thinking outside the box is a good thing. There are some of these that are my all time favorite pictures I have ever taken. Thank you Angela for contacting me, it was such a pleasure to spend my Sunday afternoon with you and your girls.

Here is Angela with Darla. I was excited when she mentioned she wanted to be in some of the pictures. Angela is so beautiful and photographs so well. I loved this one, because it isn't the typical "posed" photo...which you know me...I love my candids. :)

And this is Susie....or Suz as she is so lovingly called. Beautiful blue eyes. And this is probably my favorite of Suz.

I love this one too.

Here is Darla again....and her awesome green eyes. I always pick a favorite of my sessions and this one is it. I love this picture so much....thinking about framing it for my daughters room...who is my animal lover.



And this one is a close second.

This whole session has encouraged me to branch out and offer photo sessions of people's pets. Pets are a major part of our lives and our families. I have a new Gallery on my website titled "Our Furry Friends" and it has a lot more of Darla and Susie and I hope to expand it with new pets. Go hug your animals :)

No comments: