Thursday, January 14, 2010

Denver

Jamey and I took a trip back in October to Denver for his brother Jason's wedding. We stayed for 5 days and had a great time. I liked Denver, but I wasn't BLOWN away by it....it wasn't until we were out of the City and driving up to Estes Park that I was just completely mesmerized. Estes Park is a little mountain town and it was just gorgeous...like we talked about looking at real estate and moving there gorgeous..HA! :)

Here I am (yes...a picture of me) in front of the official "Welcome" sign for Estes Park.

Miles and miles of road with this kind of view...breath taking.
So we spent hours walking around the town....Jamey was such a good hubby and went in about 90% of the stores with me. He actually took this photo below. It was perfect for our 3 girls at home....I didn't even notice it and am so happy he spotted it.

Pets everywhere....and people just tied them up to park benches and went in to cafes for lunch or stores to shop. Couldn't pass up this sweetie. Oh and the elk....like walking down the middle of the street with the cars...they were every where. It was very "Northern Exposure-ish"


Here is the town...and I am in LOVE with this pic.



Right outside of Estes is The Stanley Hotel. It is a historic hotel. And I have heard 2 stories.
Story #1 is that this is the Hotel that The Shining was filmed (you know Jack Nicholson...super scary). Story #2 is that Stephen King stayed at The Stanley and it is here that he created the story The Shining. I believe story #2 is probably the truth. But the Hotel was awesome to see and I felt like I was at the same Hotel The Shining was filmed.




Here is Jamey giving me his best "scary" face. Herrrreeee's Johnny! Perfect Jack imitation :)

We stopped at this little winery that was built into the mountains. It was really nice and so peaceful.
Wow.....TWO pictures of me. I LOVE wine.

Now....the reason for the trip. Jason and Amy were married...and I am thrilled to have another sister in law. The wedding was gorgeous and I think Jamey and I are both happy to see Jason finally married....honestly didn't think it would ever happen. But they are so happy!
I loved that I was there as family...but still able to capture some gorgeous photos for them.







The gorgeous couple. Amy made such a beautiful bride.

We hope to get back to Denver again soon....maybe when we get to meet a new niece or nephew....huh-hum...hint hint :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your comment about the next trip made me laugh - I have to share it with Jason. Thanks for the beautiful pictures!